The Certificate in Counselling Skills course (Level 3) is intended for those wishing to acquire therapeutic skills in preparation for work as a trainee in placement while on the Diploma in therapeutic counselling (TC-L4) course.
You will learn:
• A range of mindfulness based interventions, emotion-focused techniques and how to work with both the explicit and the implicit.
• To use a range of counselling skills ethically and safely when working across cultures.
• To be aware of issues related to boundaries in the therapeutic relationship.
• To develop and enhance self-awareness in counselling work.
• To give and receive feedback and to self-reflect on skills practice.
• Internal assessment (ongoing)
Successful candidates will receive a CPD certificate and if theoretical knowledge is adequate may be allowed onto the Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling course.
Students should have sufficient life experience and be open to working on increasing awareness in relation to self, others and relationships. Prospective candidates will be interviewed and may be required to take a written test. This qualification is not suitable for those currently in a state of emotional difficulty and/or psychological confusion.
Dates: TBA (Weekdays)
Duration: Maximum of 3 months
Times: TBA / Contact time for Skills practice is mandatory.